How to put a YouTube video into a PowerPoint Presentation
There are 2 activities that must occur in order to accomplish the task:
1. Download the video
2. Import the movie into PowerPoint
Before you can download
a video, you must install a capture/converter program. Here's how:
1. Use the FireFox web browser.
2. From the Tools menu choose Add-Ons
3. Click on the Get Add-ons tab
4. In the Search box type Media Converter
5. Click Install Now
6. Accept all the dialogs asking you if it's OK
7. Restart FireFox
After installing Media Converter you'll see a new icon that sorta looks like a bird next to the web address field.
From now on, all you have to do is go to YouTube, then click on a video. To download a video:
1. In step 1 of Miedia Converter, set the file type
to WMV and then give the file a name
2. Click the Next button to get to step 4 (don't change any settings - just take the defaults)
3. Click the big Download icon in step 4. (Remember to note where you are saving the WMV file).
The YouTube movie will be downloaded as a high quality WMV file.
Import the movie into PowerPoint
Getting the movie into
PowerPoint is a cinch.
Mac (PowerPoint 2008):
turn on the Movie toolbar by using the VIEW menu. From
menu choose the submenu TOOLBARS and then MOVIE.
The first button on the toolbar is INSERT MOVIE. Click it.
Select the movie in the dialog box, then click the CHOOSE button.
Click on the Insert menu and choose Movie