About Microsoft Office 2011 and
Home and Student Edition does
not have Automator Actions.
This does not
work with Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition.
Automator Actions must be present. To test whether or
not Automator Actions are installed on your computer:
is an Automator Action?
- To test for the presence of
Automator actions, go to the Applications folder and
open the Automator application
- Choose Custom when prompted
- In the search box next to the word Variables, type the word PowerPoint (where it
- If you see a list of PowerPoint actions, then your
installation is good
- If you don't see a list of PowerPoint actions, then you need
to install them from your Office 2008 install disc
- To install Automator actions, run the Microsoft Office Setup
- Do a customized install and choose only the Automator
- After installing, open any Office application (ignore the
Framework error if you get one)
- Use Help > Check for Updates and install any updates that
come your way until all updates are completed.
Automator is an application that comes with your Mac as part of
the Mac OS X operating system. You'll find the Automator
application in your Applications folder along with your other
applications. You can build Automator actions that add additional
capabilities to many applications, including Microsoft Office 2011
(except for the Home and Student edition).
How do I make an Automator
I hope to make several web pages detailing how to make some
Automator Actions that I think will be very useful to many people.
Let's start with one that's both fun and useful. Tip: Make an
Automator Actions folder for storing your Automator Actions in
your Documents folder.